If you're feeling impatient, make this granola quickly on your stovetop! Just watch it carefully so it doesn't burn!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Skillet or pot
Something to stir with
- 2-3 tbsp olive or coconut oil
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 4+ tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 cup almonds, pecans, or walnuts
- 2-4 tbsp ground flax seed (optional)
- cinnamon (optional)
- vanilla extract (optional)
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries, raisins, or other dried fruit
- 1 handful shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Add oats then cook and stir until starting to brown and crisp, about 5 minutes.
Stir in the honey and additional coconut oil if desired; cook, stirring constantly so it doesn't burn! Add nuts, shredded coconut, vanilla, cinnamon, and flax seed; cook and stir for another 5 minutes or so.
Pour out onto a cookie sheet or large plate and spread to cool. Once cool, transfer to an airtight container and stir in any additional mix-ins!
Serve on its own, or with almond milk or yogurt and fruit!
Makes a great snack or a delicious and healthy breakfast!