2020 has been a crazy year, hasn’t it?
If you’re wondering what verses you should memorize in 2020, keep reading!
The whole reason I started this business was because I knew how meaningful it was for me to have God’s Word all around me during the hardest seasons in my life. I’m not kidding when I tell you that I put hand-written Bible verses everywhere…
On my car dashboard, on my walls, inside my kitchen cabinets, and on the bathroom mirrors. I was hungry and desperate for God’s Word and wanted it everywhere I looked.
I knew I wanted to create pretty words of TRUTH that people could surround themselves with and look at during hard times. And so She Laughs and Letters was born!
Read on for eight of the verses I personally memorized, meditated on, and clung to when my life was falling apart. There is POWER in dwelling on God’s Word and hiding it in your heart! I pray that they would encourage you during the craziness of this year, and beyond!
Eight Verses to Memorize in 2020
- 2 Chronicles 20:15 NIV – He said: “Listen, King Jehoshaphat and all who live in Judah and Jerusalem! This is what the Lord says to you: ‘Do not be afraid or discouraged because of this vast army. For the battle is not yours, but God’s.
- Isaiah 40:29 NIV – He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.
- Joshua 1:9 NIV – Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.
- Isaiah 43:19 NIV – See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland.
- Psalm 62:5 NIV – Let all that I am wait quietly before God, for my hope is in Him.
- Exodus 14:14 NIV – The Lord will fight for you, you need only to be still.
- Psalm 61:2 NIV – From the ends of the earth I call to you, I call as my heart grows faint; lead me to the rock that is higher than I.
- Philippians 4:6 NIV – Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
Heart Bound Cards
The past few years I’ve been running this business, I’ve always had a desire to create a set of Bible verse art cards specifically for the purpose of memorization. But for some reason I just never got around to it…until now!
The name “Heart Bound” comes from Deuteronomy 6:5-8:
Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads.
These sets include eight hand-lettered and hand-doodled Bible verse cards. They can be used like I mentioned above: to surround yourself with truth!
Here are some other ideas on how to use these cards:
- Tape them anywhere!
- Hang them all up with clothespins on a string for a pretty display
- Hole punch the corners and use a binder ring with them to create a cute set you can keep in your bag or car for when you’re on the go
- They fit in an A2 sized envelope so you could easily mail one or several to a friend who needs encouragement
- Use a magnet to put one on your fridge
The above tips and more ideas on how to use these are included as a bonus card that comes with your set. It also includes a cover page (in case you want to collect more of these sets in the future *hint hint*).
Being that we’ve been living through 2020, I decided that the first set would be verses specifically for encouraging us with truth and hope during hard times. The eight verses mentioned above are available as a Heart Bound Card Set, and I couldn’t be more excited! The designs are pretty, cute, and fun, so they can be used for yourself or for children as well!
By all means, write down the above verses on index cards, pieces of paper, or in a sketchbook or prayer journal and meditate on them! It doesn’t matter how you go about it, as long as you’re hiding God’s Word in your heart and keeping it in the forefront of your mind.
If you’re a frugal chica, like I am, anyone on my Letter Lover VIP list gets 20% OFF all digital (AKA downloadable/printable) products! That means you can use it to purchase this set!
Memorizing scripture is something I’m passionate about, because God’s promises gave me hope and peace during one of the darkest seasons of my life. If you’re interested in memorizing God’s Word, here is another post that might be helpful:
I pray you can choose at least one verse, even if it’s a short one, to start memorizing and meditating on today!